Selling yourself: Game that gets you the girl/boy

15:43 0 Comments A+ a-

Selling yourself: game is salesmanship


I often get a message from a friend or someone who has been directed to me by a friend. Most men have the same concerns. “Gary, I like this girl, but I just do not know how to approach her.” Or at times it’s, “Gary, how do I tell this girl I like her without blowing it?” It’s all the same really, we all want to be wanted. At times we have doubts in ourselves. Think about it this way, If you believed more in yourself, would you approach the same women that you are approaching today? My personal answer is “Yes”, but it has not always been a Yes. For you to feel like you have “game”, you have to be at a point where you can effectively sell yourself. For this reason, I feel as though trained salesmen should always be on top of the food chain. That is hardly the case, fortunately for some of us who are untrained in the art of selling.

What are you selling?


Women spend hours shopping for the perfect outfits. I hope no one interprets my next statement the wrong way. Truth be told, most female clothing is made to project the “feminine features that men are attracted to.” That is what women are selling. Push up bras, although deceiving, are in fact projecting a better looking pair of boobs. If you are interested in that, it will grab your attention. The female cosmetic surgery is built on this factor as well. Boob jobs, butt implants, lip fillers and so on. All these things are done to project the things that a female identifies as her selling point. What is your selling point? I have some very wealthy friends, they know their selling point is the money so they simply project that. It works for them. Granted it does not usually attract the women you would ideally want to bring home to meet your mum. Take a pen and pad, write down your selling points. If you can effectively package and present these, whatever they are, you will find the exact type of woman that you are looking for.

Some selling points

The reason I am not a keen gym attendee is probably because, as a youngster I was always given the impression that you go there to get into shape for the females. When I realised I was doing amazingly well in that department, without ever setting foot in a gym, I realised that this would not be my selling point. If your muscles are your selling point, by all means project those, within reason and dignity.

For me, it’s the female smile that always grabs my attention at first. If a woman can project that smile, she’ll have my attention, although it will take more to keep my attention. If it’s the way you dress, then put time into that. Not all of us will have the perfect body, but we all have certain selling factors. No one has ever understood how I dated some gorgeous women, being quite average looking. The simple truth is I know my selling points, and know how to present them.

The power of your selling points

Most of the time, your selling point is tailored to suit the exact type of woman that you have interest in. Boobs are a selling point for almost every man, but I personally would not be interested in the boobs that are just put out there for all to see. Your presentation determines the type of customers that you draw to you. If you think you are always drawing the wrong men or women, look at what you are presenting. That is what they are coming to get!!

As always, thank you for reading this. I know it’ll make an impact on one more person if you share it. Click on the share button. Leave a comment below, or if you want to chat or ask any questions, head over to our “ask the expert page”. See you in the next post tomorrow.