Why do I always date dogs? Are all men really dogs?

23:41 0 Comments A+ a-

Are all men really dogs?


There are not too many statement I dreading hearing as much as I do this one “All men are dog!!!” It’s usually said with quite a stern voice and very angry face. This is coming from a man who can honestly say, for the most part of my life, I would have gladly accepted that I was a dog. It was all me, I had no regard for anyone else. After all the effort and things I went through to bring about this change that I am today, it offends me to be grouped together with the man who has hurt you. If that statement came from one of the many women I have hurt, I would sincerely apologise, for my folly. I was young! Hahaha, it’s no excuse I truly wish I had not hurt most of the people that I hurt. That being said, I would not take back the experience, it has all come together to make me the man that I am today. I probably would not love, respect and even adore women as much as I do today, if I hadn't messed up so much back then. I digress.

If you always find yourself dating the wrong people, you might need to start checking yourself. I always tell people, “The only person you can really change is yourself, so stop blaming everyone else and start looking into what you can personally do to improve the situations that you find yourself in!” Are all men really dogs? Even your own father? Your granddad? Absolutely not! Let me give you this analogy. If something was rotting and flies kept swarming it, one after the other. No matter how many times it flap them away, another fly would soon find its way. Would it be fair for this rotting object to simply conclude that everything in this world is a fly? After all, it has always been swarmed by flies. It will be idiotic to make such a conclusion. The world is very diverse. Just as you have flies, you also have bees, flowers, drones and so on. If you keep getting the flies, maybe something about you stinks. You attract people based on what you are advertising!

If you would objectively look at yourself and start improving the areas that are not right in you, then things will begin to change around you. It does not matter what has happened in your past, we can all get a new beginning. Some women just end up with the wrong men because they are just too afraid of being alone, and as such find themselves open to whoever approaches them. You've got to start placing a value on yourself. Set a standard that you will not fall below. It is better to be alone than to be with the wrong person, in the wrong relationship.

One of my exes got married about a year ago. I am good friends with her husband. Just seeing them together and thinking how bad we were when we were together constantly reminds me that we miss some great things because we are holding on to the wrong things. Learn to let go of people who are not right for you. Learn to let go of attitudes, behaviours and beliefs that are not right for you. There are some women I really liked until I met their friends. Perhaps that is what is holding you back, the people you keep around you may be the one who attract all these dogs that you constantly find yourself around. You are worth having a great relationship, do not sell yourself short. Not all men are dogs, and you deserve the right man.


I know this will help someone, click the share button, and let someone know. If you want to talk, ask any question, comment below or use our Ask the expert page. See you in the next post.